Government Contractors Association is hosting the first annual Capability Pitch Competition and we want you to take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
On August 22, 2018, GCA is hosting another Small Business Connection Series event. If you missed the event with GSA and the Primes in March, you definitely DO NOT want to miss this. The event is
Heavy Hitters and Big Spenders:
Meet the GA Agencies that Award Billions in Contracts Every Year
During this event, three lucky finalists will have the opportunity to present LIVE for 3 – 5 minutes each in front of Larry Scott of the City of Atlanta, Kimberly King of GDOT and Gwendolyn Miles of CDC; the Judges; and all attendees. The contest will be judged by:
- · Gerald McDowell – Executive Director of Aerotropolis Atlanta
- · Annette Wright – President of Women in Defense, Atlanta Chapter
- · Brian Stern – Regional Administrator of GSA Region IV
- · Cherelle Cortez – Sr. Diversity Manager at JE Dunn
Mandatory Capability Pitch Training
Capability briefings are meetings with government buyers. This meeting is usually set up by the specific agency's small business specialist and will be attended by the buyers and program managers of the department. This meeting is usually 20 – 30 minutes long and several of the agency's key personnel will likely be in attendance.
This series of classes will review the items you need to have ready for your capability briefings, the things to include in your presentation, and pointers for consolidating your capability presentation to an effective 3 – 5-minute pitch. The mandatory training will include:
- August 1st - Capability Brief Training
- Learn how to prepare for a capability brief with government agencies
- Learn how to prepare a detailed capability presentation
- Learn how to condense your capability presentation into a compelling 3 – 5 minute pitch that gets the attention of contracting officers
- August 8th & 9th – Practicing Your Pitch
- All contestants will practice their pitch live during this class.
- A City of Atlanta Contract Compliance officer will be present to provide feedback
- August 15th – The Semi-Finals
- All pitch contestants will present their pitches
- GCA will select the top three finalists to compete during the August 22 event
Each of these three classes are REQUIRED to be one of the three finalists selected to pitch during the event on Wednesday, August 22nd.
Competition ticket includes your admission into the Heavy Hitters & Big Spenders event on August 22nd.