Doing Business With Veteran Affairs & DoD: Saluting Veteran-Owned Businesses
According to the SBA and the U.S. Census Bureau of Surveys of Small Business Owners (reports in December 2015 and February 2016), 2.5 million businesses in the U.S. are majority-owned by veterans. These veteran business owners employ over 5 million employees with payroll close to $200 billion. Over 60% of all federal spending comes from the VA and DOD.
As a veteran-owned business, do you have the information & resources to go after government contracts? The Government Contractors Association (GCA) is committed to helping veteran business owners & all business owners to get their fair share of government contracts through education and events like this. At our November Association meeting, Director of Veteran Contracting, Mrs. Prudence Howard, will educate all on VA contracting opportunities. If you are a veteran having difficulty with getting to your veteran benefits, then you want to also connect with GCA member & business owner, Mike Sauls of Veteran Diversified, LLC. He will help present information on how his veteran-owned business aids other veterans in various services. GCA's certification specialist, Myra Cisse, will discuss requirements on how to get your business VOSB certified.
What: Doing Business With Veteran Affairs & DoD: Saluting Veteran-Owned Businesses
Where: GCA Office; 3190 Northeast Expressway; Suite 120; Atlanta, GA 30341
When: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Time: Networking starts at 6:00 pm, Events start at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: FREE to members; $15 to guests
Click to register: https://gcanov2017.eventbrite.com
Want to join GCA? Click here: http://www.govassociation.org/join
Who Should Attend:
- Veterans who need help in obtaining their benefits from the VA
- Any business owner looking to connect with the Veterans Administration office
- All veterans who own their own business or interested in starting their business
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Any business owner or business development leader looking to expand their business portfolio
- Any existing government contracting firm looking for resources for their business
- New & Existing Business Owners interested in Government Contracting
- Any established business looking to expand their network and netWORTH
What You’ll Experience:
- Education on what opportunities are available with the VA
- Learn how to obtain & get support for your veteran disability benefits
- Discover business opportunities with the Veteran Administration Services
- Learn about how GCA helps business owners expand their existing business into government contracting
- Create new business relationships with certified VOSBs and more
- Bring your questions to be answered by Mrs. Prudence Howard of Veterans Administration & Mike Sauls of Veterans 2 Veterans Claim Agency
- And more!
The event is open to the public. Space is always limited at our Association meetings so guarantee your seat by registering now.
The event is also listed on www.govassociation.org.