How To Assess Your Starting Point And
Creating A Strategic Capture Plan
Official Enrollment: www.CaptureManagement.org
Come join us weekly as we train and prepare you to capture government contracts.
These sessions are designed to prepare those enrolled in the Certified Capture Manager (CCM) Program to pass the CCM Exam and to become certified professionals.
Also, these classes are open to all GCA members, partner members and the public. You're welcome to attend and audit the classes with the CCM students. Join the official CCM program when you're ready to receive all the course material and software.
Learn more or enroll in the CCM Program: www.capturemanagement.org
When: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Time: 6pm-8pm EST/ 3pm-5pm PST
Location: Online (Remote access will be emailed to confirmed registrants)
REGISTER RIGHT HERE
- CCM students-all access
- GCA members can attend class-all access (This is not official enrollment into the FULL CCM course. To officially enroll http://www.CaptureManagement.org)
- Guests/Non-Members: $50.00 per class (This is not official enrollment into the FULL CCM course. To officially enroll http://www.CaptureManagement.org )
Not yet a member, Join Here: https://www.govassociation.org/join
REGISTER RIGHT HERE
Assessment: Assessing and Preparing Your Business for Success in the Government Market
- Government Contracting Roadmap/GPS
- Getting Started in the Government Market
- Building Your Business Infrastructure
- What Resources Do You Need?
- Business Development Assessment
- Other Business Infrastructure Considerations
- Personal Development: Your Business Will Grow as You Grow
Strategy: Creating a Strategic Capture Plan
- Establishing a Short-term Contracting Plan (Quickest Path to Winning Contracts)
- Subcontracting for Success
- Establishing a Long-term Contracting Plan (Best Path for Sustainable Growth)
- Benchmarking After Successful Companies
- Coopetition: The best strategy in government contracting
- Getting Your Finances in Order/Raising Capital
- Other Strategy Considerations (Exit Plan: Legacy & M&A)
We cover a new topic each session. We will guide you through our 12 Steps to Winning Government Contract Methodology.
1) ASSESSMENT: Do you have resources? finances, credit, hr/strong staff, talents, mobilization capital
2) STRATEGY: Do you have a strategic plan? short/long term, jv, teaming, mentor protégé, sub, prime
3) EDUCATION: Do you speak governese? Understand contracting language, regulations, policies, standards, etc
4) REGISTRATION: How to get registered for opportunities. What certifications will you need, etc.
5) IMAGE: How's your brand? strong, recognizable, broad, reputation, past performance
6) MARKETING: Capability statement, biz card, website, marketing collateral, brand that speaks to gov't buyers?
7) RELATIONSHIP: Do you have the proper types of relationships in the gov't market. Triangle of relationships
8) OPPORTUNITY: Do you know where to find oppty’s, FBO, bid match, past awards, prospecting, etc?
9) PROPOSAL: Can you write proposals? Can you learn or hire one? technical experts, estimators
10) PERFORMANCE: Can you deliver and perform or do you need subs?
11) COMPLIANCE: Are you DCAA compliant? accounting system, cyber ready, QA program, insurance, bonding?
12) CLOSURE: Successful completion of project? Proper close out? Paid yet? ACO happy?
Who Should Attend:
- Sales professionals
- CEO, Executives and key decision makers of companies
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Development Managers
- Consultants looking to grow professionally
- Capture managers looking to gain a competitive edge
- Contracting professionals and government employees
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Primes, subcontractors, & potential teaming partners
- New & existing business owners interested in expanding into the government market