How To Promote Your Business In The Government Market
(Image & Marketing)
Come join us weekly as we train and prepare you to capture government contracts. These sessions are designed to prepare those enrolled in the Certified Capture Manager (CCM) Program to prepare their businesses for success and to prepare them to become certified capture manager professionals.
CLASS TIME: Every Thursday evening from 6pm to 8pm EST/ 3pm to 5pm PST
LOCATION: Online (Remote access will be emailed to confirmed registrants)
Join GCA: https://www.govassociation.org/join
Image & Marketing: How to Promote Your Business in the Government Market
Image – Creating a Brand That Speaks to Government Buyers
-Creating a professional image that attracts buyers and teaming partners
-What marketing tools to use as a Government Contractor
-Why I need Capability Statements
-What is a Capability Brief (Power Point Presentation)
-Why creating a Capability Video may be the most powerful marketing tool
-Building or revamping your website to be government friendly (Capability Page)
-Creating a Business Card that is a “mini capability statement”
Marketing – Designing a Marketing Plan and Building Your Dream 100
-How marketing in the government is different
-Email Strategies that help you to win contracts
-What do I say to a contracting officer
-How do I market to a large prime contractor
-What are the best networking events as a government contractor
-How to build my DREAM 100 List
-Identify Top 10 Federal Agencies & Award Amount by NAICS
-Training on how to use www.USASpending.gov
Also, these classes are OPEN to all GCA members, partner members and the public. You're welcome to attend and audit the classes with the CCM students. Join the official CCM program when you're ready to receive all the course material and software.
Learn more or enroll in the CCM Program: www.capturemanagement.org
CLASS AGENDA: (2 hours)
This is a general agenda guide to the weekly class sessions:
- 15 minutes of intro, chat, status update, homework review
- 30 min - 45 min of PowerPoint training on key topics for the week
- 30 min - 45 min of live training or GovFastTrack training
- 15 minutes of homework assignments
We cover a new topic each session. We will guide you through our 12 Steps to Winning Government Contract Methodology.
1) ASSESSMENT: Do you have resources? finances, credit, hr/strong staff, talents, mobilization capital
2) STRATEGY: Do you have a strategic plan? short/long term, jv, teaming, mentor protégé, sub, prime
3) EDUCATION: Do you speak governese? Understand contracting language, regulations, policies, standards, etc
4) REGISTRATION: How to get registered for opportunities. What certifications will you need, etc.
5) IMAGE: How's your brand? strong, recognizable, broad, reputation, past performance
6) MARKETING: Capability statement, biz card, website, marketing collateral, brand that speaks to gov't buyers?
7) RELATIONSHIP: Do you have the proper types of relationships in the gov't market. Triangle of relationships
8) OPPORTUNITY: Do you know where to find oppty’s, FBO, bid match, past awards, prospecting, etc?
9) PROPOSAL: Can you write proposals? Can you learn or hire one? technical experts, estimators
10) PERFORMANCE: Can you deliver and perform or do you need subs?
11) COMPLIANCE: Are you DCAA compliant? accounting system, cyber ready, QA program, insurance, bonding?
12) CLOSURE: Successful completion of project? Proper close out? Paid yet? ACO happy?
Who Should Attend:
- Sales professionals
- CEO, Executives and key decision makers of companies
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Development Managers
- Consultants looking to grow professionally
- Capture managers looking to gain a competitive edge
- Contracting professionals and government employees
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Primes, subcontractors, & potential teaming partners
- New & existing business owners interested in expanding into the government market