Doing Business With Veteran Affairs | Saluting Veteran Owned Businesses
According to the SBA and the U.S. Census Bureau of Surveys of Small Business Owners (February 2016), 2.5 million businesses in the U.S. are majority-owned by veterans. These veteran business owners employ over 5 million employees with payroll close to $200 billion.
With so many veteran-owned businesses in existence, why is the government’s goal to give 3% of contracts to veteran-owned businesses (VOSBs)? As a veteran-owned business, do you have the information & resources to go after government contracts? The Government Contractors Association (GCA) is committed to helping veteran business owners & all business owners to get their fair share of government contracts through education and events like this. At our November Association meeting, Director of Veteran Contracting, Mrs. Prudence Howard, will educate all on VA contracting opportunities. If you are a veteran who is looking for support services in getting hired on a job, want to enjoy social activities, and be more involved with a community of veterans, then meet guest speakers Ms. Veronica Briggins, Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army retired and owner of Soldier Source & Mr. Ray Borrego, Sergeant First Class, Army medic of Wounded Warrior Projects. Both of these leaders will explain the benefits of being apart of their organizations.
What: Saluting Veteran Owned Businesses
Where: GCA Office; 3190 Northeast Expressway; Suite 120; Atlanta, GA 30341
When: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Time: Networking starts at 6:00 pm, Events start at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: FREE to members; $15 to guests
Click to register: https://gcanov2019.eventbrite.com
Want to join GCA? Click here: http://www.govassociation.org/join
Who Should Attend:
- Veterans who need help in obtaining their benefits from the VA
- Any business owner looking to connect with the Veterans Administration office
- All veterans who own their own business or interested in starting their business
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Any business owner or business development leader looking to expand their business portfolio
- Any existing government contracting firm looking for resources for their business
- New & Existing Business Owners interested in Government Contracting
- Any established business looking to expand their network and netWORTH
What You’ll Experience:
- Education on what opportunities are available with the VA
- Learn how to obtain & get support for your veteran disability benefits
- Discover business opportunities with the Veteran Administration Services
- Learn about how GCA helps business owners expand their existing business into government contracting
- Create new business relationships with certified VOSBs and more
- Bring your questions to be answered by Mrs. Prudence Howard of Veterans Administration
- Learn about the resources & support you can receive from Soldier Source & Wounded Warrior Project
This event is open to the public.
The event is also listed on www.govassociation.org.