Where: 3190 Northeast Expressway; Suite 120; Atlanta, Ga 30349
Date: Wednesday; June 26, 2019
Time: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
If you only attend one class this year, this is the one you DO NOT want to miss. If you haven’t attended any classes in a while, then you may want to get out of your comfort and make time for this important class. You will leave as a more informed contractor and a better partner to government buyers.
Remote access will be emailed in confirmation receipt.
In the early days of this new nation, private individuals furnished from their own resources, supplies, and materials to meet the needs of government agencies. The Purveyor of Public Affairs Act of 1795 became the first law that implemented a procurement policy allowing the government to source out needed supplies and solutions. Since then, many more laws have been enacted to govern how procurement and sourcing of goods and services are done in the B2G market. As a business owner it is imperative to understand the laws and regulations which affect government contracting and how you can benefit from knowing these policies.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
This class will cover a brief history of the most important regulations which affect government buying policies. It will provide you an insight into the policies which govern how you do business with contracting officers and program managers. Most importantly, it will give you critical knowledge to beat out your competitors and gain a competitive advantage over them.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
· Get a quick overview of the history of contracting law so you can gain a better perspective of why contracting officers do what they do
· Discover the key laws that affect you as a government contractor
· Learn certain important regulations that can keep you from getting in trouble
· Find out little known rules that allows you to win sole source contracts up to $50 million (not 8a program)
· Gain perspectives into micro purchases, SAP’s, and other laws that support small businesses
· Learn about the 809 Panel and their recommendations which can impact your small business negatively
· Learn about the history of the 8a Business Development Program and other set-aside programs
· We’ll cover the FAR, DFARS, FASA, SCA, Davis Bacon, Buy American Act, and many other laws
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Abraham Xiong is the Founder of the Government Contractors Association. He has an insatiable love for the B2G market. Over the last decade, he has taught thousands of entrepreneurs to implement the best practices learned from years of practical application and countless hours of research. For his work with the small business community, Mr. Xiong received President Obama’s Lifetime Achievement Award, the Global Humanitarian Award and the State of Georgia afforded him as a Goodwill Ambassador.
Click Here to Learn More About His Methodologies: www.GovUniversity.org